Monday 25 July 2011

angels with muddy faces...



 

"Never does the human soul appear so strong as when it forgoes revenge and dares to forgive an injury" -Hubbel Chapin
Hey guys :) How are you doing?Has anyone annoyed you today?Maybe someone did something so 'unforgivable' and your blood is still boiling with anger and hatred.How's that working out for you?The anger i mean.Does it make you feel good?No?Ok.
A lot of people i know tell me i have a ridiculous flaw,but i know better than to side with them.I forgive easily (sometimes it takes a little more time though).I let things go.I let people off the hook.No revenge,no dirty slap (although i've thought about this a time or two).I won't lie,i've been wronged by so many people in so many ways,and there were those times i thought i wouldn't be able to forgive but i always found a way.
While we're on the subject of people who have hurt me,let's look at the other side,people i've hurt.I'm human,it's blood that runs through my veins(and chocolate).I've done things i'm not proud of.I've made people angry.I've made them cry.Have they forgiven me?It's scary to think that there are people out there who hear your name and think evil of you because of something you once did to them.
"To err is human,to forgive,infrequent"....We all make mistakes but not all of us make it a point to forgive.People have this notion that if they don't retaliate,it means they are weak.Truth is,forgiveness is a trait of the strong.They fail to see the bigger picture.So they choose to hold on dearly to anger and pain that is slowly but unknowingly tearing them  apart.
Because i love you so much,i'm going to let you in on a little secret.There's no revenge as effective as forgiveness.When you forgive,you stand to gain so much.It's almost selfish.You must think i'm mad.Quit shaking your head and lets analyze things.You forgive,the anger evaporates,your sunny disposition reappears.you move on with your life,you become a better person.
Now unless you're some materialistic prude who finds joy only in things money can buy,you would have realized that Nanama (me) is a genius and that i'm making all the sense in the world.Who doesn't want to be a better person?WHO?Wouldn't it be lovely if people actually meant half the eulogies they read out at funerals?You can't control how or when you die but you can control what people remember you by...the memories you leave behind.
Forgiveness CAN mend broken relationships,broken hearts,broken lives...But one thing i had to learn the hard way is that it doesn't always lead to healed relationships.There are those situations where things get so out of hand,to the point of being 'unmendable'.I've learnt that some people are not capable of love and i think it wise to wish them well and let them go their way.
With the exception of murderers and rapists (feel free to add more to my short list),i think that at the end of the day we're all just good people who sometimes make stupid mistakes.We are ANGELS WITH MUDDY FACES....You've read all i have to say,it can be hard but put in that extra effort and you'll see the good that comes out of it.
i've enlightened you,haven't i? :D you're all my little elves ^_^ .Now here are your socks *throws mismatched socks into the crowd of eager readers*.I've set you free.Go out there and be awesome :)
xoxo.

7 comments:

  1. A post that came at the right time. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel like the bigger person when I forgive someone:)its almost as good a feeling as downing a box of chocolates LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a rule I adopted off some book I read(forgotten the title)...it reads:'When angry,count to ten..when very angry,count to hundred'.
    Each time I start off counting,I end up laughing at myself halfway...the offense is soon overlooked,the offender forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha yeah i would probably laugh at myself too.thanks for sharing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i'm in love wit u a lil...

    ReplyDelete